Friday, January 29, 2010
Telangana Human Chain: Details
Many of the major towns and cities of Telangana are covered. The total coverage is approximately 3500 Km. The biggest problem will be to mobilize the people to the right part of the chain. To ensure the chain is not uneven – that means more people at some sections and nobody during certain sections, we have to follow some guidelines.
1. Move people of your district within your district.
2. Start mobilizing the people quite early – at 8:00 AM itself. Move the first set of people away from the towns and villages since the later entrants will stick closer to their villages and towns.
3. Use all kinds of vehicles to mobilize. Prefer buses, lorries, and tractors since they carry more people. Let there be designated spots for pick up. Ensure there are many vehicles that are being used.
4. Allow people to use their modes of transportation. Make sure they park the vehicles outside the road so that they don’t block the roads.
5. Ensure people stand on outside or the periphery of the road. Don’t let them stand right on the road by which the traffic gets constricted.
6. Where necessary, such as cities and towns, use more than one chain. Use both sides of the road. If necessary have more than two chains on each side to accommodate people. Make sure the chain is spread even. Don’t leave some parts of the roads uncovered.
7. Improvise where necessary. If there is an interest, use roads that are not on the map as long as they are connected with a designated road on the map.
Maps: Towns and Cities
Soon I will add the maps of cities and towns where there will be many roads where people will form chains. Don’t allow overcrowding in some sections. Spread the chain far away from the cities and towns as much as possible.